Talc make ideal multi-functional pigments, fillers and extenders in water borne, solvent borne and powder-coat based architectural and industrial paints, where they improve mechanical properties, optical properties and production processes.
They also bring benefits to color concentrates, enamels, varnishes, gel coats inks, putties, body fillers, mortars and asphalts.
Talc are proven anti-corrosion, hydrophobic mineral pigments, limiting the penetration of water and corrosive agents into the paint film and reducing corrosioncaulkingpeeling and blistering Due to its lamellarity and chemical inertness, talc also promotes adhesion increasing the paint’s durability.
1. Architectural Paints and Primers :
- Talc is an excellent multi-functional pigments, fillers and extenders enhancing the optical and mechanical properties of interior and exterior house paints.
- It enhances opacity, dry hiding, rheology, matting effect and impermeability of the paints.
- Talc are also effective TiO2 extenders reducing formulation cost.
- It reduces mud and surface cracking and protect exterior walls from hard weather conditions.
2. Industrial Coatings :
- Talc is an ideal filler and extender for industrial coatings. And used for various applications like :
- Automotive and marine coatings.
- Coil coatings and high solids coatings.
- New water borne traffic paints.
- All solvent borne, water borne and powder coating bases (i.e., acrylics, polyurethanes, polyesters, melamine resins, single-package and two-package epoxies, and oils).
3. Other Applications : Talc is also used as filler and extender in the following areas -
- Metal paints
- Organic paints
- Wood coatings
- Color concentrates
- Gel coats
- Putties & Bodies fillers